Friday 26 October 2007

Flower Girl

No. I do not have any flowers (although if anyone wants to buy me any...), but I am feeling a bit like a personal disaster today. In the fashion-related sense.

There seems to be a small problem that my left shoe has developed (am seeing pattern here: left eye twitching, left shoe). Yesterday, I slightly fell off my shoe sideways, leading to a disconnection at the buckle, which ended with the little grabby arm part of the buckle -- the part that goes through the hole -- turning itself inside out and detaching the strap from its position of strapped closure. Such shoe trauma could be because said shoes are quite possibly more than 12 years old (BUT I LOVE THEM!!! And they are good shoes. And they shall be mine.).

Anyway, today, I thought my remedy of shoving the prong thing back through the buckle would be fine and so it seemed upon attiring my feet this morning before the walk to the bus. However, prong keeps escaping from its correct side of buckle, releasing strap and causing entire buckle to jingle in a most impoverished and slovenly manner. This does not amuse me.

As well, my tights are holey; and not in a religious way. (AGAIN, should like to point out that these are the BEST tights in the world, PulsePoint tights, which stupid Victoria's Secret no longer produces; hence the reason that I do not have new ones.) One hole is about one inch above my knee, so this is easily hidden as few of my skirts are higher than the fashionable right below the knee level (some royal designer once said that classy women should never show their knees, not least because few people have anything that could be called 'attractive' in the knee department). Hole le Deux is on the inside of my heel, kind of on the side. Fortunately, this is on the right foot and is therefore NOT exposed when my shoe decides to flop about rebelliously.

These two things are today lending credence to my belief that I am really posing as an adult and therefore not really eligible to be employed and live in my own abode.

*******
For a last office day, however, things are going actually fairly smoothly. My computer has been prodded by an IT person, and no billing disasters have occurred.

The additional bonus of comedy on the way in got the day off with some giggles (and I think it has positively affected the eye-twitching) :
It starts with Suzy, whose baby is due the end of November and whose last day of work is next Friday (she indicates that her brain power is slightly deficite right now). She agreed to collect Lorraine at the garage (mechanics) where she dropped of her car this morning.
However, Suzy went to the Honda garage and Lorraine was at the Renault garage. Finally, Suzy and Lorraine were driving down Earlham Road, saw me at the bus stop, honked and stopped (which kind of threw me off since I couldn't see due to my glasses being on top of my head at the time) and picked me up! I showed my bus pass to her.
Toodling along towards the University, Lorraine shrieked as we passed the next bus stop up the road, 'THERE IS SALLYYYYY!' To which we replied, 'Nooooooo. Can't be.' But Suzy made a U-ey, we returned, it was Sally, horn was honked, Sally was confused, Sally was concerned because we were all going away from work, everything finally became understood, Sally got in, and we proceeded to work after another small U-ey.
And when we got here, it was discovered that Suzy has white paint on the hem of her black trousers from where she painted her bathroom door this morning before work (as you do).

Hoorah for it being Friday :)

1 comment:

Mimi Rankin Webb said...

oooh, you make me feel soo much better- i TOO am posing as an adult- & somebody's MUMSY to boot- which makes it all the much more scary to others...tee hee-
& scarier yet, i work for a mumsy site where today, i had to write an essay as to why i should become a discussion leader for their forum- eek!!!! they asked what neighborhood i lived in- & i had to answer truthfully- i SOO wanted to give a disclaimer on it- NOT your typical south highlands mum- but these stuck up folks wouldnt quite understand!!! think i landed the job-(its in addition to them paying me to write about being a triplet mum) hope they arent counting on me for demographics!
~scary, folks wanting me to give advice & such-
eek- tis friday, but the work never ends!!!!
it's quite difficult masquerading as an adult, isnt it?