Monday 8 October 2007

Danger

Well, his name isn't Will Robinson, but a mosquito bite during a trip to the US has put a Scottish man in a coma. He has been in a coma since 31 August. New England appears from this article to be a significantly dangerous destination. I am so pleased to be going there in 3 weeks' time. Can one build up immunity based on thousands of bites over one's lifetime?

*******
In other news, it is rainy and cool in Norwich (hence, no mosquitos so far), but I refuse to turn my heating on yet. Heat and cosiness only makes one a bit calm and dosy, not an efficient frame of mind for dealing with vexing banks. (Apparently, my new bank did not do as they said they would according to my written order and failed to change my standing orders from my old bank account during the month I have been gone. This has resulted in an overdraft from my old bank account, instead of the cushion I intended to keep there. I changed from my old bank because they were inept and also refused to upgrade me from a pitiful student account. Hmph. Am thinking of converting completely to shells as currency.)

No comments: