Saturday 27 October 2007

Adventures with Chai

Tragically, there is no proper caffeinated beverage-making material in my tiny home, i.e., coffee or tea. This is entirely due to laziness and forgetfulness on my part, but this is not the hallmark of a good hostess and someone ought to be ashamed of herself (again, sloth comes to play here. Memory only rears its pompous little head when I am either a) stood in a very long queue at Tesco; b) when I am walking out the door of the Tesco; c) when i am unpacking the bags from the Tesco at home; or d) when I am grumpy in the morning.).

The closest approximation to proper morning beverage is some Chai Tea from a Whittard's run, oh, about a year ago. So, I have been making do with this (I am well-known for my ability to make do. This also stems from apathy, acquiesence and laziness, although I choose give the impression that this is a 1940s-era fortitude and stiff-upper-lippedness.). For those unfamiliar, Chai is made up of black tea, black pepper, cardamom, cloves, ginger and other spicy goodness. Of course, it is better if one takes the time to steam and froth some milk and honey. I do not have the wherewithall to do this.

Have just provided Eamonn with a lovely cuppa this product (since there has been no enthusiasm over my suggestions of either going to breakfast at The Waffle House -- NOT like the ones in Loosyanna -- or collecting Turkish hazelnuts outside my front door), and his assessment is that it tastes like someone poured boiling water over a bowl of potpourri.

He does seem to be consuming said cuppa just fine, however, and no ill effects have been observed thusfar, except for facial expressions.

No comments: