Sunday 3 February 2008

A Year On

A year ago this weekend, I moved to Norwich (well, myself and my clothes and wool did; the rest of it and the fish dawdled in Cardiff with E and B for another several months)!

I started my new job a year ago tomorrow (using the days of the week/month, not dates), and tomorrow is E's first day at his new position as a software developer for Anglia Healthcare Systems. He is to be doing something extremely intelligent and insightful with programming systems. Do not ask me to explain it.

It is hard to believe that a whole year has gone by, and I must admit to it being a slow year for the blog and the Flickr (although I need to set up a new Flickr anyway since every picture added causes an old one to be deleted, which is unacceptable).

Things I have done this past year:
* re-established myself in a working environment
* learnt to add 'u's to various spellings (such as colour)
* joined library
* trained self to say data with a long 'a'
* travelled to Australia
* been in Katie B'Loomis's wedding
* travelled to the States 6 times (4 times for work)
* visited Flee 4 times
* spent my first Thanksgiving in the 'Port since 2004
* went to a wedding in Ireland
* bought my first bus pass
* lived by myself for the first time since 2004 (!)
* bought a snail
* named said snail (appropriately) Forsythe
* joined a knitting group
* attended three beer festivals (Sheringham, Norwich, Hackney)
* dragged E to various Norwich Heritage Weekend events
* went to third Christmas panto of my life
* learnt (sort of) how to re-cover a chair
* learnt what draught excluder is, how to bleed radiators, and how to insulate a 15th century abode for winter
* located cat rescue charity from whence to adopt a kitty
* psychically influenced E to move to Norwich so as to be personal chef (and kitty-sitter when I am away... oops, did I say that out loud? Meow!)

*******
The Judith has expressed disappointment at her spawn not providing photos of recent changes in the decor of the abode. This will now be remedied.

Kitchen is quite a bit fuller in accessories. Here are just a few things that have been added since the Christmas hollyday:
* a pasta maker
* a bread bin
* a bread pan
* a Kenwood Wizzard food processor
* a stoneware roasting pot
* a wine rack (although this is now in the fireplace)
* a storage cabinet for some glasses
* a clock
* a Norfolk Broads travel poster
* a colander
* various cooking utensils (including a rolling pin)
* a pot rack (not up yet)
* two sets of scales
* a lamp
* a radio (so as to listen to Radio 4)
* 1 pair black and white toile wellies

Since my last photos of main room, some things that might be different:
* futon (instead of mattress on floor)
* sewing box
* polka dot fabric on chair (Clem is going to have to come help me finish it, if it is ever to look like it didn't come off the short bus. but it IS very comfortable, and I am perfectly fine with it.)
* red velvet door curtains (for draughts)
* some pictures
* a poinsetta

(These are really not quite as 'set' as I had intended, but perhaps there will be better photos after car boot sales start again, and I can add some more interesting items and take some better pictures :) )

No comments: