Monday 18 February 2008

Frosty

There are few things cuter than animals in clothing. And it is even quainter when they are in clothing for a practical reason (rather than because amrie wants to see how the kitty looks in a pinafore). I have been charmed by this for quite a while, but keep forgetting to blog about it.

The horses put their little windbreakers on in about November and look like Aristocats character actors for the winter (and we all sing...). And then right before Christmas, people start walking their dogs in their little extra warm coats. Spoodle has a Police Dog coat, and passers by are dim enough to ask if she is on duty (she looks like very much like Weenie, Eloise's dog which looks like a cat; so this is incredibly hysterical). Other dogs are attired in plaids and various Country Gentry-wear, and I just love it!

It is definitely animal-clothing weather at the moment, as my fingers are fairly blue from my walk back from the Tesco with my shopping bag in hand and no gloves (i couldn't find them, Mama. I really do wear my gloves religiously... and yes. with moisturiser). It is at the moment approximately 0*C. (and some odd person has just driven a very small antique truck down the sidewalk past the front of my house. I am bemused as to why or how.) It is supposed to get to -4*C tonight (about 24*F). The fog is so thick that one's gets the impression that one's glasses are fogged up, and at night, everything glows. There was a magnificent frost this morning that looked like snow.
*******
Another interesting (and quaint as well, but not in a condescending sort of way) thing is that traffic and weather reports in the morning cover the entire country! This kind of makes me smile, but I really like it. It takes less time to cover the traffic in the whole of the UK than it does to cover the traffic in Dallas or Atlanta. And they are covering not only road traffic, but train traffic and delays as well. And this is just marvelous.
*******
Tonight's entertaining task is to make a delish carrot soup!

No comments: