Wednesday 27 February 2008

Earthquake!

Which I am actually disappointed not to have been awakened by. (and yes, am fully aware of dangling participle)

An earthquake classified as 'significant' happened about 1.00am and was 5.2 on the Richter scale (the largest since 1984). Market Rasen in Lincolnshire is 112 miles northwest of Norwich, and loads of people here either felt it, were awakened by it. It was quite the conversation topic at work this morning :) Wayne's wife was watching t.v. and noticed their animals behaving very oddly right before it happened.

But I slept right through the whole thing like a mossy log.

I wonder if fish behave peculiarly before earthquakes -- they seemed to have normal appetites, however, this morning, Jasper cramming 4 food pellets into his mouth to Carrot's one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was in Norwich for this one, a small one for me as I lived in Greece for many years but here's a report on the latest you just experienced:

http://www.n1vwd.com/norwich/earthquake.htm