Friday 16 February 2007

Salmonella, anyone?

Why is my favourite preservative-filled food product the one that had to be riddled with Salmonella? And on Valentine's Day, too!!!! :(

[and new Honey Roast is so delectable, too!]

And yes, the two jars brought back to the UK with such joy by myself are indeed part of the product recall as their production sequence numbers begin with 2111. HOWEVER, since my 40 oz. jar is 9/10 consumed, I am going to go with assumption that it is not bacteria habitat and just go ahead and clean that sucker out with my spoon and a nice glass of milk. Eamonn, sadly, will need to pack his jar up (since he is obviously not as obsessed as I and has not even opened his jar yet) and bring it back to Albertson's when we go to the ArkLaTex. Oh wait, actually it is only the lid that you have to bring back for a full refund...

For those who may not be as informed as perhaps they would like to be, here is a little bit of Peanut Butter History. Actually, I didn't know much other than George Washington Carver... for shame.

No comments: