Wednesday 14 February 2007

A pox! A pox!

Fortunately, I have already had chicken pox and at the moment am suffering from no other ailments (although the turkey I ate earlier for my Valentine's dinner is sitting a little iffy in my tummy). Hmm -- it is my learned opinion that maybe some bread and Peter Pan will help this.


Anyhoo, a second person in the office has developed chicken pox. Last week, Suzy was out with the pox (it is apparently horrid and painful as an adult. Suzy's mother apologised to her for not making sure she was infected as a child :)) and now Lorraine is out -- yesterday with the gastric flu and now she has the fully blown pox. At least it was not any closer to her wedding -- that would be unfortunate. Two other people are feeling a little coughy and flu-ey, so I must stay up with my lemons and hopefully not ruin my trip to Ireland next weekend... Then, another team member got a call from her son after he went to the doctor and found out he has Scabies!!! The doctor told him he probably caught this from handling dirty money (this is HORRIFYING! ewwww....)

*********
Today, with it being the Day of St. Valentine, we shall discuss the legend of Claddagh (although St. Valentine has to do more with valour than chocolate. However, I find that chocolate makes me brave and so there could be a tenuous argument made.). This is a traditional Irish symbol and is supposed to represent a person's relationship status. Meaning depends on the hand on which it is worn and also the direction that the heart is facing. It is worn on the left hand to signify marriage or engaged status and on the right hand to signify if a person is in a relationship. If the heart on the ring faces away from the wearer, then the person's heart is available; if it faces inward, their heart has been taken by someone else.
Just don't give the person you love the pox.

No comments: