Monday 5 February 2007

A Beginning

And let us hope not a Baudelaire Bad Beginning.

My, my, my... a whole new blank slate of a blog to frivolously scribble on (metaphorically, of course). Oh hoorah!

There is a lot to catch up on (and many grand insights to be proferred), but I just can't be arsed at the moment. Also, have already been given task to assist with short-listing for one new position in Inter, so there is selective behaviour to indulge in. (or would that be in which to indulge? I think so, yes.) Power, mwah-ha-ha.

Thank you, Dawny and Katharine -- Wirish indeed made the trip safely (much more simplified than if I had attempted it myself via train) and helped me organise myself before heading back to C-town for a weekend of rugby :) Alas, poor Wales... but it was an outstanding game (as I saw between naps yesterday).

Yes, Matthew, I have sewn on the extra toes and am settling into being Normal for Norfolk (oh, look! a film!). Of course, I have only been here for three days and have mostly been comatose from the manic speed of uncertainty and spontaneity at which my life has proceeded over the past, oh, three months or so. The mention of crawling into straw sculptures has gone completely over my head, but your kind recommendation will no doubt spring to mind should this become an issue.

Anyhoo, must get on task now and think about planning the ridiculous amount of travel to be undertaken in the next few weeks:

1) Ireland -- 22 to 24 Feb for Wirish relative's wedding
2) Longview, TX -- 31 Mar for Katie B's wedding
(in which will be in really lovely pastel pink dress with big fun bow, a la Eloise!)
3) AUSTRALIA -- unsure re: dates but prob. week prior to TX
(my time sense is going to be a pulpish mess)

However, my point-collecting greed is looking forward to some FFM (frequent flyer miles).

2 comments:

Matthew said...

Ooohh let me be the first to comment on a virgin (tee hee) blog.
I was referring of course to the Wicker Man, where a stranger comes to a remote Scottish community, discovers a weird cult and is set alight inside the aforementioned 'man'. Not unlike your voyage to Norfolk.
Not one of Disney's biggest grossing productions however it does feature a lovely dance sequence by Britt Eckland, don't know why I mention it really, maybe because she hasn't a stitch on.

Bonnie Blue in Wales said...

Okay...

Are you happy to have been the first? Calm yourself, please :)

When was this film made? Investigation will follow. Disney movies with nudity? Somehow this disturbs me. (Noooo, Eeyore! Put the tail back on!)