Sunday 25 March 2007

The Banning of Boys

*******
7.48 am – Sunday 24 March

Boys should be banned.

There should be separate floors for males, as they are just loud and slovenly. (They also whoop when they are getting ready to go out early in the evening, which activity is just pointless and absurd.) Admittedly they did quieten down when I went out with my hair sticking every which way and asked if they wanted to perhaps call the person in the room since their drug-raid style banging and kicking was apparently not doing the trick at 5am. Although it did the trick with me... leading to vexed tossing and turning and a full awareness of the loveliness of the dawn. Stupid males.

But at least I got my paper early. Tee hee hee.

9.43 am
Quite chilly in Adelaide today and v. nearly got sunny frostbite on fingers during coffee and Italian breakfast sammich, because was determined to sit outside on pavement. Being collected in a bit for outing with S. Australia Uni International Office lady and will be going with two Germans, my Canadian friend from earlier in the week and maybe someone else. I forget. Something has happened to my left knee overnight and am gimping around quite pathetically. Although I now have no grey hair to logically coordinate age with limp – hoorah!

The 2007 World Police and Fire Games are being held in Adelaide this week(end?) and there are herds in matching tracksuits everywhere.

Earlier this week, the day I left Melbourne, there was a massive tragedy in the Burnley Tunnel which I drove through on maybe Wednesday – while only three people were killed, it was really horrific. One tractor trailer was stopped in the tunnel to fix something, another ran into it and exploded, along with a car that was trapped between them somehow and then more explosions happened. It is quite sad. A 1994 Olympic cyclist died.

1 comment:

Matthew said...

Sunday 24th? I know you've been going through time zones like there's no tomorrow, but to lose a whole day....wow!
Back in the real world GMT has become BST so my body clock is all over the shop after a single hour change. Lovely here though, sunny and bright as I type away in the Grad Centre.