Friday 2 March 2007

B-A-D.

I am tardy. I must be punished. Or flogged with daffodils or something.

It was St. David's Day (patron saint of Wales, for those of you who didn't pay attention last year) yesterday and I failed miserably to pay homage to the place that gave me refuge and a home for over a year. Dawn has made me ashamed. E did not mention it, so no one tell him, please. I didn't even wear a daffodil. I really did mean to blog last night, but fell asleep with book on chest, woke up about 11 and could barely drag self to locate toothpaste and force energy to turn faucet handle. So sad.

Today, (have just found this in feeble attempt to redeem self by distracting disapproving readers with other festive information) is Dr. Seuss's birthday! Hoorah!

Yesterday morning's first email was an inquiry from E. as to whether I had worn sunglasses to work and how my 'ionically conditioned, frizz free and shiny' hair was doing. Sadly, he had to be informed that no sunglasses had been worn (despite brilliantly beautimous and brisk day), as they are somewhere in a box and that my hair was (and has been ever since) up in a stick as it is every other day of my life. Curls all dissipated, despite extra attention of conditioner application (this makes my hair heavy and even a little sticky -- ick), and four strategically placed prickly curlers upon top section of hair, followed by roller brush attempt at lift-and-dry to bottom half of hair. So certain was I of perpetual subsequent glamour to have slept ext. carefully in final two prickly curlers left on top section of hair. V. displeased with outcome. As of yet, no one has taken my picture. (E. v. supportive by saying that no doubt paparazzi were confused by my taking different route to work or leaving at slightly different time.)

Glamour modifications shall continue tomorrow after expedition into centre and will culminate in henna fun with hair, involving a boiling green paste, a good deal of plastic wrap on my head and perhaps some long movies (to cover alarming amount of grey that seems to be taking attack approach similar to underground mushroom complex. another reason for the ever-present stick actually -- cover grey with a twirl!).

N.B.: Since I seem to be unable to type a mass email at all correctly (either omitting the date of an event or, say, mucking up two email addresses into one, which goes nowhere), perhaps it would just be easier to reply to the incorrectly composed email. Am terribly apologetic to my ArkLaTex victims...

1 comment:

DawnyLiz said...

You are forgiven Amerie fo your faux pas from yesterday .... I will remind you next year!

D xx