Sunday 6 May 2007

Drunken Japanese people can be loud.

My eyelids are rather droopy today due to the fact that there were several people in the room next door last night, who would whoop at intervals just long enough for you to get almost to sleep, in between bouts of quite animated conversation in Japanese. When you are annoyed, your heart beats faster and you can hear the pounding in your ears should you have inserted earplugs.

The graduate fair today is terribly disappointing (although they do have some of the loveliest brickle cookies ever! I had to eat three just to make certain they were as good as the initial taste hints. Cookies improve one’s attitude towards the Japanese as well. The brownies can just be trashed, though.) I am v. glad that the Vice-Chancellor did not come to this event since there have been about 45 attendees in total today and no one has come to my table at all. (I need a cookie.)

Another thing that turned out concerning today is the air crash in Ghana. My boss, Wayne, is in Africa and is flying between Ghana and Nigeria at some point (although cannot find out when since the calendar option in the office is not important as it was at Centenary.). There were 5 Britons on the plane that crashed, and he was flying with his British passport (he is American). By the time I left hotel, decided that there is a good chance he was not on it as it was a Cameroon flight and I don’t think he was going there. But still -- Pray, please. Thank you.

No comments: