Tuesday 10 April 2007

Dear Lord.

What is wrong with me? It has been a ridiculous amount of time since my last blog. And I had such a funny closing to the Oz trip, which has gone from my mental notebook. There is no excuse.

Except of course the following excellent items I have come up with:
* half-way jetlag (Oz to La)
* non-stop schedule at in La and Tx
* approx. 6 hours sleep per night
* flight via Toronto on the way to London (those Canadians always are so tiring)
* coach-induced coma between LHR and Norwich
* 2nd half jetlag (La to England)
* bubbles in head since return
* inability to focus either eyes or brain on much at all

This is all personally quite disappointing as my brain tends to compose blog constantly, usually this is terribly insightful and brilliant at the time, but composition evaporates as soon as am seated in front of keyboard.

Today, have begun serious investigation into future permanent housing in Norwich. This is stressful. Not necessarily because of looking for a place, but due to brief times I have to toodle and read ads and my unawareness of 'areas' here -- in Shreveport, I could just look at a street name and think, 'Excellent!' or 'Eee-errrrr; uh-uhhhh; ain't gonna work'. Here it requires that I scope out; and this means that I see lovely places that will never be able to afford. Hope work won't be too vexed with me going for viewings over next few days... but at this moment am too weary and full of Vegetable Bhuna and Saag Paneer takeaway to care :)

Back to work tomorrow... hoorah!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Welcome back to the Island, my friend!


(I tried to say that when you called...obviously I was thwarted by static.)