Tuesday 17 March 2009

Let the Gay Times Roll!

Right -- this is a total aside from my main purpose of documenting more than the first day (and week) of travel, BUT this just makes me giggle hysterically and almost wet my pants everytime it comes on the t.v.

There is apparently an ice cream bar in Oz called Golden Gaytime -- and this commercial is just too much. Am not sure how one would culturally critique this advertising mode and stereotypes, but at the moment, the enjoyment of guffawing is preventing any academic approach to it. (Perhaps when I am feeling more intellectual and less adolescent... Or not.)

You can see there are '4 chances to have a gay time!'

2 comments:

Kate said...

This is wonderful! I can't stop giggling. I would imagine it is *indeed* hard to have a gay time on your own! *giggle* It reminds me of Margaret Cho saying that her mother telling her that "The Gay" called and her having to explain that he was just "A Gay" because there's more than just the one...

minami the Duck said...

Ha ha ha ha ~~~, this is hilarious! You are a genius for finding this kind of stuff :)