Thursday 1 January 2009

Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Yes, I know I am not in Wales any more, but we really just like looking at Welsh words.

Happy New Year!

After a loooovely evening in Holt with Lady Yssy (and her parents, as they seemed to want to be there for some reason, instead of 'down to the pub') and a gorgeous baked creole cod dinner and tasty beverages, we have returned to a cold Norwich and are readying for a return to work tomorrow. (My attitude is a little more resistant than E's for some reason -- it could be because the cursed computer of mine is refusing to even turn on past the ctl+alt+del screen -- and so I am sulking and eating hummous to console myself.) None of my pictures taken today and last night can be uploaded due to idiot machine, either. Stupid computer.

However, inward self-indulgent focus does not mean that one cannot look forward to the year ahead. And I have made the following resolutions:

* complete knitting projects (instead of 3/4-completing and then leaving on needles until forget pattern);
* use yarn before buying more (well, maybe just small amounts);
* vacate creative mist in brain by blogging more than once every 35 days;
* floss teeth at least three times a week;
* have camera with me at all times;
* take more photos of official warning and street signs (a photo here would have been both useful and humourous, but I have a stupid computer);
* tidy my paperwork more often;
* be nice.

My New Year's Day planning was not well-organised, but there is now a polenta cornbread in the oven, and some black-eyed peas soaking in warmish water. E has gone out to get some saag paneer to count as 'greens' (it was soooo difficult to coerce him to go out for a curry...).

Hopefully, this will satisfy the Southern gods of cultural fortune, and they will smile upon us in Norfolk this year :) There is not a requirement to eat certain foods on New Year's Day in Britain, so people do kind of think I am odd. But, hey... at least I make them think.

And now to check on my cornbread...

No comments: